Obama: 'She's Really Tall and Most of It Was Legs'Newser — Neal Colgrass
"This is like—you know when Jay-Z comes out during the Beyonce concert? ... Like, 'Crazy in Love'?" So said Barack Obama when he showed up Saturday at the Washington, DC, stop on wife Michelle's tour for her new memoir, Becoming, per CNN.
"It's the same thing," added the former president, referring to Jay-Z's appearances at his wife's shows when she sings the song. "It's just a little sample to enhance the concert." Among other quotes at the Capitol One Arena event hosted by ex-White House advisor Valerie Jarrett:
- Reflection time: "We haven't had much time to reflect" on the White House years, says Michelle, but "I was able to do that with my husband just the other night. And just look at him and say, 'Man, man you did this. You did this. You did one of the hardest jobs on the planet.'"
- Speaking out: "There are so many times where I just want him—like, I know, all of you—to just curse them out," says Michelle.
"Just say these things. And he's like, 'Well, that's not the point. You know, the president isn't the president for his own ego. The president is the president for the entire country. So we have to be very mindful of what we say and how we say it.'"
- Obama vs Trump: "And the question that we have to ask ourselves is which feels better?" per Michelle.
"You know, what world do we want to live in? What world do we want our kids to grow up in?"
- Meeting Michelle: "First of all she's really tall and most of it was legs," the former president said of first meeting his future wife, per the Hill.
Michelle burst out in faux shock, "There are children here!" and Obama added, "I'm just saying ... it was impressive." He went on to call her "extraordinarily smart" and "beautiful."
See how President Trump responded to criticism from Michelle.
- Report: VA Won't Repay Vets After GI Bill Snafu
- Trump Responds to New Michael Cohen Plea
- Things Just Got Ugly Between Stormy Daniels, Avenatti
This article originally appeared on Newser: Obama: 'She's Really Tall and Most of It Was Legs'