Trump: My Drug Regimen Has ChangedNewser — Neal Colgrass
President Trump has apparently said goodbye to hydroxychloroquine. Appearing on the Sinclair Broadcast Group program Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson, Trump said his regimen on the controversial drug is complete: "Finished, just finished," he said in the interview that aired Sunday, per USA Today.
"And by the way, I'm still here. To the best of my knowledge, here I am." Trump had touted the drug (which is FDA-approved for malaria and autoimmune conditions) as a "game-changer" to curb or prevent the coronavirus, despite warnings from medical experts that the drug could trigger life-threatening heart issues.
Among Trump's other remarks:
- Jeff Sessions: "He's not mentally qualified to be attorney general," said Trump of the former Alabama senator, who stood up to the president in a Friday tweet.
"He was the biggest problem. I mean, look Jeff Sessions put people in place that were a disaster."
- Columbia University: "Columbia University is a liberal, disgraceful institution, to write that," said Trump after the school published a study saying 54,000 lives could have been saved if the US had imposed lockdown two weeks earlier, per the New York Post.
"I saw that report from Columbia University and it is a disgrace that they would play right to their little group of people to tell them what to do."
- Joe Biden: "Well, I would have said experience, but he doesn't really have experience because I don't think he remembers what he did yesterday," Trump said when asked to name Biden's "strongest feature," per a transcript of the interview.
"So how is that experience? He's been there a long time. He was never known as a smart person."
- Air time: "Well, I think it was," when asked whether it was worth spending over 40 hours talking to the media in March and April.
"I certainly got the highest ratings on cable television by a lot. I mean, you saw that. And I get to the public. Look, the news is very corrupt. It's very, very dishonest."
- Fallout Continues From Gorsuch's Surprise Ruling
- Poll Shows Biden With Big Lead in a Big State
- Trump Signs Executive Order on Police Reform
This article originally appeared on Newser: Trump: My Drug Regimen Has Changed