Trump Slams 'Mad Woman' Harris, 3 Other WomenNewser — Newser Editors
President Trump used a Fox Business interview and his Twitter feed on Thursday to issue slams against four prominent women—three political rivals and a frequent media critic:
- On Kamala Harris: "Now you have a, sort of a mad woman I call her, because she was so angry and such hatred with Justice [Brett] Kavanaugh," Trump told Fox's Maria Bartiromo.
He was referring to the senator's questioning of Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court confirmation, per the Hill. "She was the angriest of the group, and they were all angry."
- In return: On Wednesday, Harris got in a slam of her own, notes Politico.
“He inherited the longest economic expansion in history from Barack Obama and Joe Biden," the new VP contender said of Trump. "And then, like everything else he inherited, he ran it straight into the ground."
- On Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "AOC was a poor student," Trump said on Fox. "I won’t say where she went to school, it doesn’t matter.
This is not even a smart person, other than she’s got a good line of stuff. I mean, she goes out and she yaps. These guys, they’re all afraid of her."
- In return: AOC, who graduated cum laude from Boston University, responded with a challenge. "Let’s make a deal, Mr.
President: You release your college transcript, I’ll release mine, and we’ll see who was the better student," she tweeted. "Loser has to fund the Post Office."
- On Nancy Pelosi: "I believe we're going to take back the House because Nancy Pelosi is stone cold crazy," Trump also said on Fox, per Axios. Pelosi has not responded to the dig. (Axios has compiled a list of Trump attacks on prominent women.)
- On Mika Brzezinski: In a tweet, Trump referred to the Morning Joe co-host as a "ditzy airhead wife."
- In return: "What’s your thing with women?" Brzezinski responded on air. "You really have a lot of problems with women, like you’re scared of them or something.
I think this Kamala thing has you completely strung out."
- The politics: Both Politico and the Hill note that the presidential slams come as the Trump campaign is attempting to reach out to female voters, particularly suburban women.
- Trump: 'Don't Buy Goodyear Tires'
- Anderson Cooper Takes the MyPillow Guy to Task
- After DNC Speech, AOC Slams NBC for 'Malicious' Tweet
This article originally appeared on Newser: Trump Slams 'Mad Woman' Harris, 3 Other Women