What's a Threat to Our Health Worldwide? WHO's Top 10Newser — Jenn Gidman
The World Health Organization has a five-year plan—one that it hopes will help billions of people obtain universal health coverage, be taken care of in health emergencies, and enjoy better health overall.
To that end, the WHO has whittled down the world's biggest health challenges, coming up with a top 10 list of issues that need immediate addressing.
Here, the problems we need to come together on en masse sooner rather than later, including "vaccine hesitancy."
- Air pollution and climate change
- Noncommunicable diseases
- Global influenza pandemic
- Fragile and vulnerable settings
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Ebola and other high-threat pathogens
- Weak primary health care
- Vaccine hesitancy
(The world's healthiest and least healthy countries.)
- Ailing Woman Was Barred From Her Own Medical Records
- Woman Falls Ill, Dies After Eating at Michelin-Starred Restaurant
- See What's Dumping 50M Gallons of Bad Water Daily
This article originally appeared on Newser: What's a Threat to Our Health Worldwide? WHO's Top 10